Sunday, March 25, 2012

Contributor's Corner: SciFi for the Fiction Challenged

Ok so before we get started I wanted to introduce myself here.
I am Hunter(Otherwise known as KexFett), I have been friends with RandomGal for a LONG time and we talk about just about everything. Hence when she decided to start a blog I thought I would help out with the SciFi, Funny', and cool Universe stuff. RandomGal is the sole editer of this Blog while I am simply a Contributor for some stuff here and there.


Now on to the good(ish) stuff


"SciFi for the Fiction Challenged"


-> Review Edition <-


So first off for my SciFi Reviews I'll be covering a book that I read about a month ago. Star Carrier Earth Strike and it has got to be one of the most technical books I've ever read in SciFi.


Pros: The amount of time he put into thinking up the tech in this book and coming up with good uses for it staggers me. I love the space ships he uses and the alien species that he introduces. The combat and tactics of the space battles are pretty average but still fun to read. The ending I didn't see coming AT ALL so I love it when something like that happens.


Cons: His characters (if you can call them that) in this book are almost as flat and cardboard cut out as they come. I still don't know what the Read Admiral looks like. I got no insight in any of their feelings or struggles(except Grey who is considered the "Main" main character out of the 3). The description of the surroundings are great...if you enjoy reading three pages of it without any dialogue. I found myself skipping over description parts from time to time cause it just got so annoying to read the same thing over and over in different ways.


Overall: Good book with wonderfully thought out universe. Tech and space battles are what this book is made of with slight hits of emotion from the main character. But if you are wanting character development from sub main characters or minor characters then not the book for you.

Rating: 3.5/5

1 comment:

Hi! Post a comment! You know you want to...