Saturday, August 4, 2012

Craft: T.A.R.D.I.S.


Craft #5

So.
 There's this show. 
It's British.
It's science fiction.
It's about a 906 year old alien who has two hearts, thirteen lives and travels time and space in a blue phone booth from the 1950's. 
He calls himself the Doctor.
And he is awesome. 




Not to mention that the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary is coming up! (See above video for related awesomeness)
Unfortunately, the next season of Doctor Who is not scheduled to air until this Autumn, and after that God knows when it will hit the U.S.of A.
So to bide the time until then, I made a T.A.R.D.I.S.




(That's "Time And Relative Dimensions In Space" for newbies and non-Whovians.)




Cool like bowties.
:)


This beauty is crafted entirely from wood, with a lift-off cookie jar style top and foam padding on the bottom of inside. I owe a huge thanks to my dad and his power tools! The outside is hand painted. The windows, light on the roof, and the letters of "POLICE BOX" are coated in invisible day glow paint.

And, it won a lovely purple ribbon, in case you couldn't tell from the image. Who knows? Maybe I have some colorblind readers? LOL

Final note: This was actually the second T.A.R.D.I.S. I made, the first belongs to my co-author Hunter (KexFett) now.



Merry not-even-close-to-Christmas Hunter!


Now if you'll excuse me I must be off. Worlds to save, homework to conquer, the usual. Until next time! Geronimo!



~Heather


2 comments:

  1. Your video made me want to dive head-first into the Dr. Who fandom. I refuse. I will be sucked in and never escape..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you will never escape... But is that really such a bad thing? I mean really, it's only an innocent TV show...Full of adventure...and romance...and time travel...and laughs...and friendship...and epicness...and aliens...and dinosaurs on a spaceship...and plot twists and the best darned hero in the history of cinema but COME ON! Surely THAT won't be enough to draw you in! Or will it? Join usssss...... become a Whovian Clare...

      You know you want toooo..... >:) Muahahahahaha

      Delete

Hi! Post a comment! You know you want to...